Jay Walker gives a talk on the world’s `English mania’.
CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER:
1.How many people are trying to learn English worldwide?
a. 500 million b. 1 billion c. 2 billion
2.Which country will become the largest English-speaking country in the world?
a. the USA b. China c. India
3. In which school year do Chinese school children start learning English by law?
a. third grade (8-9 yrs) b. fifth grade (10-11) c. sixth grade (11-12)
4. How long does China’s `Gaokao’ school-leaving examination last?
a. 3 hours b. 12 hours c. 3 days
5. How many Chinese high school students have taken the Gaokao?
a. 10 million b. 40 million c. 80 million
TRUE OR FALSE?
1. The speaker thinks that English mania is an unhealthy obsession.
2. According to the speaker, learning English represents opportunity for a better life.
3. The speaker believes that English will replace all other languages in the future.
4. The speaker believes that knowing English will enable people to become involved in global discussions.
5. The speaker believes that learning English is popular because of America.
Click HERE as well (DON’T INSIST ON ENGLISH!)
Comentarios » Ir a formulario